Industrial Boiler MACT Compliance
The Industrial Boiler Maximum Achievable Control Technology (Boiler MACT) rule is approaching, and the time to plan and implement a solution is now. This regulation will affect thousands of industrial and institutional boilers at facilities deemed to be a major source of hazardous air pollutants (HAPs). Nalco Mobotec is a total MACT solutions provider. Our solutions reduce PM, HCl, mercury, CO, and dioxin and furans, enabling legislative compliance at a low capital and operational cost.
Emission Limits and Work Practice Requirements
For boilers solid fuel-fired, liquid fuel-fired and process gas-fired above 10 MMBtu/hr the emission limits are set for HAPs or HAP surrogates, including:
- Particulate matter (PM) as a surrogate for non-mercury metallic HAPs
- Carbon monoxide (CO) as a surrogate for organic HAPs
- Mercury (Hg)
- Hydrogen chloride (HCl) as a surrogate for acid-gas HAPs
Nalco Mobotec can help you plan for Industrial Boiler MACT by taking baseline readings of your current pollutants and conducting full scale demonstration tests. Demonstration testing will help you decide with certainty which solutions are sound and financially viable prior to implementation. Nalco Mobotec analysts can help you answer questions like:
- What are my current emissions?
- Will becoming a synthetic minor source save me money?
- What sorbent flow rates do I need for compliance?
- Will the solution for one HAP impact other HAP emissions?
- What can combustion improvements provide me?
- Will I need to retrofit existing equipment to meet emission demands?
Every compliance situation is unique. Nalco Mobotec can perform a compliance study to ensure that accurate baseline conditions are known to determine the best plan of action. Nalco Mobotec can help assist with single boiler compliance or fleet wide compliance strategies, including condition assessments and engineering feasibility studies to determine the best strategy for meeting regulatory requirements.
Our goal is to provide you with the most economical compliance approach reducing capital equipment and chemical/sorbent usage cost.
Nalco Mobotec Industrial Boiler MACT solutions:
- CO - Nalco Mobotec Rotating Opposed Fired Air (ROFA) system or Combustion Tuning Programs which meet EPA guidelines for Work Practice Standards
- HCl - Nalco Mobotec Dry Sorbent Injection (DSI)
- Mercury - Nalco Mobotec MerControl system and/or Activated Carbon injection systems
- PM – Nalco Mobotec/IAC Baghouse
For more information on the Industrial Boiler MACT regulation and how to prepare, contact us at email@example.com